MUST DO ACTIVITIES:
- Learn about the hominid fossils found in the area, some dating back some 3.5 million years, at the Cradle of Humankind, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999.
- Go on a dramatic emotional journey at the Apartheid Museum as you experience the story of South Africa’s state-sanctioned system based on racial discrimination and the struggle of the majority to overthrow this tyranny.
- Visit Vilakazi Street in Soweto, once home to Nelson Mandela and currently Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu.
- Explore Braamfontein, the city’s cultural hub featuring trendy fashion, amazing eateries, and vibing bars and live music venues.
- See the Big Five and loads more of Africa’s amazing wildlife at Dinokeng Game Reserve, just an hour outside Joburg.